If you are signed up to rock the TSE’11, you may be asking yourself a few key questions regarding preparations for this year’s seven-day boulder-bash happening in just over a week. Being the cameraman last year, I want to set you up with some insider photos, which will hopefully hint at the answers to common questions below. Based on this blog’s posts and rumors out in Internetland, you may be asking yourself:
1) How many scary-ass tunnels and bridges must I cross?
2) What exactly happens after dark at Eagle Lodge? (Well, this one you will have to figure out for yourselves.)
3) Should I be training for TSE right now? I mean, like, I haven’t ridden my bike in several months, and is there going to be a lot of climbing?
4) Does chamois cream come in Costco-sized tubs? What about Pepto?
5) Approximately how many rocks and roots will I encounter on the trail?
6) Is it guaranteed that I will have a great time?
All images Copyright A.E.Landes Photography/Trans-Sylvania Epic.