Lodging at our host venue:
There are many options for lodging at the scout camp!
Check out pics (below) and map of our base campground – the Seven Mountains Scout Camp. The scout camp has hot showers, flushing toilets, swimming pool, and all the other niceties of a full service campground.
Lodging options at our camp include:
- Single cabins: Single cabins are small and do not include a bathroom or kitchen, but you have the highest degree of privacy. We can squeeze two folks into these upon request, but cost per person remains the same. Single cabins have electrical outlets and lights. Toilets are located close to all of the single cabins and a bathhouse is a short walk from anywhere on camp. There are three cabins that can house one person, and two cabins that can house two people.
- Premium group lodges: Eagle and Rimmey Lodges; Eagle lodge is the newest building on the camp property and has a kitchen, two showers, and two toilets on each of its two floors. Rimmey lodge has a kitchen and a toilet, but no shower facilities. Shower facilities are a very short walk from Rimmey Lodge. Both Rimmey and Eagle lodges are equipped with bunk beds which will be filled to 1/2 occupancy. In other words, only half of the bunks will be filled to allow for plenty of space to spread out your belongings. Eagle can house 25 people, Rimmey can house 13 people.
- Private rooms inside Eagle (2 people per room) and Rimmey (3 people per room) Lodges. Eagle has two private rooms, Rimmey has one private room.
- Rustic lodges: rustic lodges onsite (Leopold, Wood, and Wald lodges) include refrigerators, kitchens, bunk beds, and electricity. Capacity for each of the rustic lodges is roughly 5 people.
- Tent camping: There is a ton of space around the camp for tents, you can set up close to the bath house, or out in the middle of the woods. There is unlimited tent camping space.
- Adirondack shelters: These are sweet little three-walled shelters big enough to fit a couple people. These would be a great place to set up your tent for some shade and shelter. There are three shelters available.
- RV camping: there is about 10 electric hook-ups available for RVs. There is no water or sewer hookup onsite. There are 10 RV spots available; unlimited spots available without electric hook-up.
All lodging prices are per person.
*Groups who wish to lodge together should register at the same time. We cannot hold spaces for those who have not registered.
Lodging options outside of our host venue:
Seven Mountains Commercial Campground (separate from Seven Mountains Scout Camp!) and Kearns Campground are both right across the street from the scout camp. They have several options available for lodging, and should be booked in advance due to holiday weekend demand. Both of these options are a short walk or bike ride from the scout camp.
- We have partnered with Nittany Budget Hotel (Brewsky’s Bottle Shop located in house!). Call the Nittany Budget Hotel @ 814-238-0015, ask for Scott.
- Other State College area hotels can be browsed here.
- You’ll also find limited accommodations just southeast of the campground in Milroy. This is your closest hotel option of all, but you will be limited in your choices of restaurants and other amenities.
**Note on hotels in general – Memorial Day weekend is a big volleyball tournament in State College. Because of this hotels fill for the weekend quickly. If you are planning on staying in a State College hotel we strongly recommend you book by the end of February at the LATEST.**
Other cabins located nearby:
- Aikens Cabins rentals areabout 15 minutes down the road from our venue.
- Happy Valley Retreats offers a number of cabins that relatively close to our venue. Contact them for specific properties that are closest to the scout camp.
Some photos of Seven Mountains Scout Camp: