2014 Reg Open on CCN – click the link over there ==>>
For 2014, we are again offering an a la carte style registration for Trans-Sylvania. This means you can choose to stay where you like, eat what you like, and pay only for what you need. On our registration site, you will be able to indicate whether you want food, lodging, and transport.
2014 race dates are May 25-May 31
Solo and Duo entries include:
Seven days of fully supported trail riding/racing!
• Checkpoints stocked with water, electrolyte drinks, soda, fruit, PBJ, cookies, fig bars, inner tubes, lubricant, etc. Bottle hand-offs available for at least the top 5 positions in each category (and usually for everyone).
• Drop bag support – leave your drop bag with us the morning of the stage and it will be available for you at the checkpoint.
• Final dinner on day 7 and post race celebration for all registered racers.
• On site professional medical care and support at CampTSE.
• Participants’ swag – In 2013, race swag included jerseys, sweatshirts, T-shirts, products from sponsors and more.
• A portion of each entry directed to trail creation and enhancement locally and across Pennsylvania.
• Close to $30,000 in cash and prizes throughout the week for those racing for the daily and GC podiums.
• Special crowd awards from our fantastic partners – even if you don’t get on the stage podium you may be lucky enough to win something great!
• On course mechanical support at checkpoints.
• Neutral support bikes from BMC to allow you to finish the stage if yours breaks and still officially finish the TSEpic.
• Finisher’s prizes are awarded to those who complete every stage. 2013 finishers received custom engraved TSEpic leatherman style tools from Gerber and in the past have taken home pocket knives and hatchets as part of their finishers prize package. We’ll come up with something equally good this year – this ain’t your father’s belt buckle.
The same rates apply to standard entries and Experience Category entries. What is the Experience Category?
Solo and Duo Pricing:
Ending August 31, 2013: $699
September 1 – October 31, 2013: $799
November 1 – December 31, 2013: $899
January 1 – March 31, 2014: $999
April 1 – May 15, 2014: $1099
There are 200 spaces available in 2013 TSEpic.
Epic Team entries include:
- Same supported racing benefits as above: checkpoint supplies, drop bag, etc.
- Final evening awards dinner on day 7
- Winning Epic Team will receive an award trophy which is passed on from year to year. Winning Epic Team receives free entry to next year’s TSEpic! That’s up to a $2000.00 value!
Epic Team Pricing (per person): ending Oct 31 / Nov 1 – Dec 31 / Jan 1 – Mar 30 / April 1 – May 15
2 person Epic Team: $499 / $559 / $599 / $659
3 person Epic Team: $449 / $499 / $549 / $599
4 person Epic Team: $399 / $449 / $499 / $549
5 person Epic Team: $349 / $399 / $449 / $499
Optional Meal Plan:
When you register for the event at CCN, you’ll be walked through a a number of choices including meal plans:
|Regular Meal Plan||$ 290.00|
Vegetarian Meal Plan
Gluten Free Meal Plan
Vegan Meal Plan
No Meal Plan
Your $290 includes meals beginning on the evening of Sunday, May 25, and concluding with the final awards dinner on Saturday, May 31. A full, all you can eat breakfast and dinner will be served each day, with options for regular, vegetarian, vegan, and gluten free meals. Breakfast includes juice, coffee, cereal, oatmeal, breads, yogurt, eggs, meat, and sometimes pancakes. Dinner includes salad bar, entree, dessert, and coffee. The camp staff has done a great job with food service, with our participants rating food service an average of 9.5 out of 10 for quality and quantity – just what the hungry stage racer wants!
Optional Transportation Service:
For the two remote stages (Galbraith Gap and RB Winter), we’re offering a shuttle service for those who cannot or prefer not to drive themselves. On both of these stages, those who’ve purchased Transport Service will ride on a shuttle bus and we’ll transport your bike for a total cost of $60. Take advantage of the service if you want to minimize stress and responsibility during the week. As one of our racers remarked: “why would I want to drive when I can sleep on the bus?”
For folks driving themselves, we’ll be providing directions in the race guide to get to these stages.
Optional Laundry Service:
Those who opt for this service can drop their laundry off each evening by 7:00 PM at the dining hall. Their laundry bag will be available for pickup the next morning at breakfast by 8:00 AM. Seems like a no-brainer for $30! Clean clothes and zero effort, bring your dirty stuff to awards each night and get it back in the morning. Laundry service will begin on Sunday evening (5/25) and conclude with a morning drop off Sunday (6/1).
Onsite Lodging Options:
Descriptive info on the options below can be found on our Lodging Page. All lodging prices are PER PERSON.
Here are the options you will see when you register at CCN:
|Cabin – Single Occupant||$ 234.00|
Cabin – Double Occupant
Eagle Lodge Upper Floor
Eagle Lodge Lower Floor
Eagle Lodge Private Room
Rimmey Lodge 3-Person Room
TSE Rustic Lodge
RV Site PRIMARY
RV Site Additional Campers
In the event that the race is canceled or postponed as a result of (and not limited to) an act of God, Natural Disaster, war, strike, revolution, lack or failure of transportation facilities, laws or interventions or actions of statutory bodies, major accidents during the race, or other such causes, the Trans-Sylvania Mountain Bike Epic organizers will make every effort to reschedule the race to a later date of their choosing. If the registrant can not make the rescheduled date, the registrant acknowledges that NO REFUND or CREDIT to future races will be granted.
Race closure or course alteration: no refund or credit should be offered if a race stage(s) is canceled or postponed or rerouted or shortened after the race has begun.
Solo and Duo entries are fully transferable for no charge through March 31, 2014. After March 31 any transfer of entry will entail a $100 administrative fee.
Lodging transfers will require payment of lodging price difference as applicable. Lodging cost differences will not be refunded.
Registrants may opt to change category within any categories except Epic Team. Changes out of an Epic Team are subject to additional charges. Registrants who switch into an Epic Team category after March 31 forfeit any refunds. Registrants who change category after March 31, 2014 may not receive finishers’ prizes due to ordering constraints.
No Deferrals under ANY circumstances (e.g. postpone entry to following year).
Refunds available until January 15, 2014 at 75% of entry costs (race entry, food, lodging, transport).
Refunds available until February 15, 2014 at 50% of entry costs (race entry, food, lodging, transport).
No refunds after February 15, 2014.
AS TSEpic IS A FUNDRAISER EVENT, WE WILL NOT MAKE EXCEPTIONS TO THE REFUND RULES.
Trans-Sylvania Epic categories:
- Solo: Men, Women, Men 40+, Men 50+, Singlespeed Men
- Duo: Men Open, Women Open, Mixed Open —- In the duo category, team members are to remain within one minute of each other for the duration of the stage. This policy will be enforced by race officials at checkpoints throughout the week. The idea is that you ride together throughout each stage though there will obviously be small gaps between riders at times – but on duo teams those gaps should be small. Typically, winning duo teammates stay together and within sight of each other – in part because you don’t want to end up dropping a teammate only to have them suffer a mechanical or other issue which then causes confusion and perhaps more problems for your duo. Stay close, it’s more fun to have someone to talk to anyway.
- Epic Team category: The Epic Team category allows a group of two to five riders to switch off during the week to maximize the fun factor. As long as at least one of your team members finishes each day, you will be eligible for the Team General Classification and the Epic Team Cup. Complete Epic Team category rules are available here.
- Experience Category: the Experience category is for folks who want the TSEpic experience with less pressure to finish before the daily cutoffs. On most stages, we’ll start the Experience category 60-90 minutes prior to the rest of the field. The Experience category is a great way to maximize the fun of riding our courses with less emphasis on going fast. Scoring: Experience category competitors will be timed and scored within the Experience category. There will not be daily prizes, jerseys, or GC prizes for Experience competitors. There will not be subcategories (e.g. “Masters Experience”) within the Experience category. Duo competitors can race in the Experience Category, but will not be scored as a subcategory; Duo teams will be scored alongside individuals within the Experience Category. Epic Team competitors cannot participate in the Experience category. Experience category competitors who complete each stage within the allotted time will receive the same finishers’ prizes as other TSEpic categories.
We reserved the right to combine categories that do not have a minimum of at least 5 entrants (or teams). Age group is based on age as of 12/31/2014.
Our 2014 race courses will, in most cases, be similar to those we’ve used in prior years.
Specifics on 2014 courses will be released as they are approved.
Click on ‘More…’ for full stage details
|5/25/13 Saturday||Early arrival, lodging check in after 2:00 PM|
|5/26/13 Sunday||Registration open 10:00 AM -1:00 PM. Stage 1: Bald Eagle Prologue Presented by Stan’s NoTubes; first rider off at 3:00 PM. 14 miles. More…|
|5/27/13 Monday||Stage 2: Rothrock Cooper’s Gap Presented by Answer Products – Cross country. 39 miles. More…|
- Saturday May 31 at 3:00 PM will be final awards ceremony and banquet, which is included in every racer’s entry fee. Registered campers are welcome to stay overnight. Sunday (June 1) checkout is noon.
- Stages will begin between 9 and 11 AM each day. Experience participants will start first on most stages. Details will be released by email to registered participants prior to the event.
- Each stage except the prologue has at least one checkpoint where food and water will be available. In most cases, these are indicated on the course directions and maps. We will give you personal checkpoint bags to fill with you own food, parts, etc to be available at the checkpoints.
- Pre-Riders: Print a copy of the course map to take along. You’ll want to have a Purple Lizard Map (ideal) and/or a state forest map.
Stage winners Leaders of the Epic Team category will be recognized nightly. On a daily basis, stage winners in all categories containing five or more participants (except for Epic Teams) will receive merchandise prizes. Prizes will be awarded to the top 1/5th of the category or three deep, whichever is less, in each of these categories:
- Solo Open Men
- Solo Open Women
- Solo Masters Men 40+
- Solo Masters Men 50+
- Single Speed Open
- Duo Men
- Duo Women
- Coed Duo
General Classification (GC) winners General classification will be based on cumulative time for the entire event. ** $10,000 cash prize purse**
Top five General Classification places in the following categories will receive cash prizes, granted there are at least ten entrants in each of the categories:
- Solo open men: 1st – $1400; 2nd – $1200; 3rd – $1000; 4th – $800; 5th – $600
- Solo open women: 1st – $1400; 2nd – $1200; 3rd – $1000; 4th – $800; 5th – $600
The race promoters reserve the right to change the distribution of cash payout and size of the cash purse based on field and category size. All GC winners in all categories will receive special awards. The top three GC places in non-cash prize categories will receive merchandise awards.